- I've resurrected my Swedish heritage (...). An identity reawakened in me, and I expressed it in a way that my family, my mother or my grandmother had never done. Mum is proud, mum is of course with me on this. Grandma is a bit more ambivalent. She has spent her entire life being a good farmer's wife in the (...) inland in northern Sweden so it sits a little harder inside. - And there she suppressed her Swedish origin, or?
- It could be said to have started with her parents, but my grandmother has come to the point where she has said: “yes but we are Swedes.”
- What a triumph! - Yes, it was actually there, but it was buried deep inside. (...)
- How were you regarded when you came out?
- I think there is a huge fear, that you will not be accepted. (...)
- What to do?
- Still more work. Even more are daring to go out and say: “but I'm Swedish. (...) I have absorbed so much of my heritage that I f...
Den här innehållet är en del av Axess+.
Bli prenumerant för att få åtkomst nu!Prenumerera